Home

Home

Hughes' Laser Eye Surgery Update

No more glasses, no more contacts!

As many of you know I was lucky enough to win laser eye surgery in November last year from Optimax who were very professional and helpful with me. 

I thought I'd post an update on how my vision is now and how I am getting on after the treatment.

So my vision is CRYSTAL CLEAR now and I've had no problems at all! You can imagine how good I feel every day waking up being able to see everything in so much detail and actually recognise people from a distance.  I'm forever grateful and lucky to have something literally fix the short-sightedness I've endured for most of my life and I have Optimax to thank for that.   

Going through with the treatment and making the decision to have it done was pretty scary because the slight risk anything could go wrong always seemed to play on my mind.

The treatment was painless and once you have the treatment done you can actually see instant improvement and 80% of the blur had gone.  I went with what my consultant suggested and opted for the LASEK treatment which can be more painful (but wasn't) and has a longer recovery which really wasn't that long.  The LASIK is more for people who need it done quickly like 2-3 day recovery and back to work.  You have to just wait over time for your eyes to adjust and heal to the treatment. 

I would definitely recommend having it done if you can afford it, its saved so much time and money in the long-run. 

Thanks for reading, be sure to like/share/follow/comment.  
Any questions DM or tweet me.